Island Chiropractic prides itself on providing quality, evidence-guided chiropractic care while maintaining a warm, welcoming, professional atmosphere. Our office exemplifies the way chiropractic is delivered in a modern world, where anyone may obtain thorough and coherent treatment, delivered by exceedingly capable doctors.
Island Chiropractic is your destination for comfortable, sustainable, evidence-guided, well-rounded chiropractic care. Our office takes great pride in what we do.
We are proud to offer the following services:
- SMT (Spinal Manipulative technique)
- Arthrostim (gentle, instrument assisted adjustment)
- Extremity Adjustments
- Thompson Drop Technique
- Flexion Distraction Technique
- McKenzie End-Range Loading
- SOT Wedges
- Mobilization (spinal and extremity)
We also provide the services seen below
By logically breaking down dysfunctional patterns and diagnosing their root causes as either a mobility problem (more movement is needed) or a stability problem (less movement is needed), clinicians can clearly match their intervention to the main problem of the patient.
This model efficiently integrates the concepts of altered motor control, the neurodevelopmental perspective, and regional interdependence into musculoskeletal practice.
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Fosters faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
Scanning your feet is an important tool for uncovering how our arches are interacting with the ground below us. Our feet are our foundation upon which our body rests, and the interface between us and the ground beneath.
Collapsed arches and excessive pronation can negatively impact the alignment of our ankles, knees, hips, pelvis, shoulders, and spine. Orthotic use in combination with targeted exercises shore up deficiencies in our gait and posture, reducing wear and tear and improving whole body alignment.
These problems are known as repetitive use injuries and are commonly associated with desk workers, manual labourers, and athletes. Headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee problems, and tennis elbow are just a few of the many conditions that can be resolved quickly.
During treatment, the clinician uses his or her hands to evaluate the texture, tightness and movement of muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and nerves. Abnormal tissues are treated by combining specific directional pressure-assisted with the movement of the patient's body.
- Our chiropractic legacy spans over 3 decades of dedicated service to Nantucket
- We are warmly regarded and well respected within our wonderful community
- Our location is peaceful, welcoming, and easily accessible
- Our staff is committed, knowledgeable, and efficient
- We offer a variety of techniques that are comfortable, gentle, and accommodate patients of all ages and preferences
- We have formed close relationships with some of the island's best body workers and health practitioners to promote meaningful collaboration
Having struggled with chronic pain and cervical spine issues for more than 30 years, I was pleasantly surprised to find Dr. Ouellette had multiple methods of healing that helped me greatly. He did far more than traditional chiropractic manipulation, and I received a tremendous amount of relief clearly due to his knowledge. I’m sad to be moving off island away from Dr. Ouellette’s excellent care. He is a wonderful addition to Island Chiropractic."
- Becca S.